Research & Services
Who we are
RS is a centre for innovation and technology transfer, working mainly in the Textile and Clothing production chain.
Our company boasts the know-how of a senior collaborators’ team with multi-disciplinary competences that range from processing of fibres to production of clothing and relative marketing. Our collaborators thus contribute complementary expertise in various fields of textile technology, from chemistry to IT engineering through economics.
Most of them are backed by over thirty years of experience as researchers or company managers, and currently hold positions as company owners in the fields of IT, textile analysis, managerial or technical consultancy.
RS makes use of know-how gained through development of projects in various textile districts in Italy and abroad, plus a network of experts and systematic contacts with research centres and Italian and foreign universities.
RS is member of the following organisations:
Goals and objectives
RS promotes the realisation of research projects oriented towards development of new technologies and new products with special attention paid to Textiles and Clothing.
RS especially promotes application of new solutions to conventional productive processes.
Specific fields of technical development regard processability of special fibres, such as non-merinos wool, hemp, broom and other natural textile fibres.
RS is a partnership specialising in technology transfer:
- Its structure constantly monitors emerging technologies that exist in the transition phase between laboratory and commercial maturity, as yet little-known in contexts outside their original ones
- It’s a point of contact between technological knowledge sources (university, research centres, supply companies) and end users (private and public)
RS has the following mission:
- To intercept or anticipate needs for technological development that are not met or only met in part
- To stimulate ideas, development and experimentation for new applications
- To develop appropriate IT, demonstration and service systems based on concrete economic applications of knowledge and technologies
The innovation processes we consider are:
- Totally innovative
- For products
- For processes
What we do
RS develops and delivers its technology consultancy services in the following fields:
- Dissemination of technologies and improvement solutions, of good practices, demonstrative actions, selected technical information
- Promotion and setting up of groups of interest for the realisation of innovative projects locally, nationwide and internationally and in particular promoting the participation of SMEs in complex high-tech research projects, also in the form of consortia
- Operational and technical scientific support for the development of research programmes
- Market studies and analyses for new products and processes and fine-tuning of testing methods and protocols for new materials/technologies
- Technical and economic feasibility studies for innovative and technology transfer projects
- Realisation of prototypes
- Technical assistance for public incentive requests and financial tools
- Technical assistance for evaluation and development of patents
- Technical assistance for protection of insurance, large-scale distribution and consumer associations
- Information, training and communication regarding new products, processes and new technical standards
How we work
RS uses the methodologies listed below:
- Use of available know-how and customisation of the proposed solutions
- Evaluation of technical-economic feasibility of ideas in terms of potential exploitation of the results
- Strategic order planning: RS puts together a set of possible short-, medium- or long-term evolution paths
- Innovation management
- Continual monitoring of competitors and technological opportunities based on systematic and critical analyses of acquired information: patents, scientific reports, graduation theses, technical articles, conference reports
- Drawing up of technical-economic reports on orders’ progresses
RS is a centre for innovation that stimulates, disseminates and supports the technical aspects of technological innovation, above all in the Textile and Clothing sector for Italian and foreign organisations, especially focusing on:
- Individuals or associated businesses
- Distribution companies
- Banks and insurance companies
- National, regional and local organisations, Chambers of Commerce
- Companies in the finance sector
- Companies offering patent consultancy